Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hubie, a Little Dreamer!

Say 'Hello!' to Hubie, everyone! Let's see if we can get him to get up from his nap...

There we go! This is Hubie, my entry for the NTBAA. He was created for Class D, which is an "All from the Same Pattern." The pattern was supplied by Jan Aldogan.



The competition rules called for a dressed and accessorized teddy bear. As I am not much of a seamstress I turned to my knitting and needle felting to kit Hubie out with an oversized, cuddly night cap with a star tassel and a soft and fluffy cloud on which to lay his weary head. Hubie's soft, dense mohair is dotted by tinsel that sparkles like starlight. Dreams were a natural theme for this cuddly little fellow.

Hubie's star, cloud, face, and paw pads are all needle felted. He has soulful, green, German glass eyes and is weighted in both his hind feet and his ample tummy. 

Tomorrow I will be filling out my entry form and mailing Hubie off for his adventure in England. After he comes back he will be the first of my bears to look for a new home with someone who will love a little dreamer like him. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww! so cute! http://www.bearfactoryparties.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete