Monday, March 11, 2013

Bears, Blogs, Beautification!

It's been a busy week in the Raidel household!

My latest bear is nearing the finish line in terms of her needle felting. I hope to finish her feet tomorrow, and after that it will be a waiting game until my new hoard of cotter pin joints in assorted sizes arrives. After that I'll apply her "makeup" and mark her as my own before she goes out into the world.

With the cotter pins comes a piece of fabric intended for a very special project- my very first non-bear. That's hush hush for now, though. All I will say is that it involves a very luxurious piece of Tibetan lamb's wool I recently found in my "dragged over here from America" fiber stash.

My NEXT project is equally exciting. I've decided to throw my hat in the ring and enter in the National Teddy Bear Artists. Naturally, I'll be in a class 1 competition. I have a very firm picture of how my bear should look in my head. It will be interesting how closely I can mirror my vision in reality. The final piece will have felted eyelids which will be a first for me. Additionally, I hope to make two accessories: one a needle felted piece and the second knitted. It will be nice to stretch my knitting wings again. It has been a long time.

I am going to digitally submit my entry form and fee tomorrow. Then there will be no going back!

During a break in the marathon needle felting, I took some time to beautiful my blog. There is nothing more soothing than a tableau of my beloved ginkgo leaves.

I'm rambling at this point. To end on a high note, here's a little preview of Lily before she got her pretty smile:




1 comment: