Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fliederchen!

Let's welcome Fliederchen! 

She wants you to know she's sorry for the crumby pictures. My one "back drop" (aka table cloth) had a toddler related accident. She's not going up for sale so in the end we decided just to snap some informal images. Here she is checking out the view from our rather, um, "rustic" deck. The weather was so blustery I thought she might blow away despite being weighted!

Anyway, formerly "Lily," Fliederchen experienced some bumps and bruises on her path to coming into being. I overworked her face to the point where I couldn't quite get her eyes even. Her ears also had a hard time lining up. Trying to be clever, I tried felting on her paws before jointing her which worked wonderfully well on her feet but unfortuntely her hands turn "outwards" slightly.

All things considered, she wound up with a lot of character, and after deciding who she was destined for, I changed her name. Fliederchen means Lilac in German, which is my mother's favorite flower!

Fliederchen was a real learning experience which is a good thing because I hope to enter Bear #3 into a beginner's competition. Fliederchen will be on her way to the states next week to give my Mom the Easter kisses I can't!

She is five way cotter pin joined (I learned the 'crown' method this time which I love. Her leg joints are TIGHT.) She is worked in a semi-sparse lavender and white mohair with needle felted details an hand painted "sparkle" eyes. Her ears, nose, mouth, eyes, and paws are shaded using prismacolor  markers. 










No comments:

Post a Comment