Friday, March 22, 2013

Next Project: Hubie!

With Fliederchen getting ready for her trip, it's time to begin my next project.

I mentioned last time that my third bear is for a competition, the The National Teddy Bear Artists' Awards 2013 to be exact. I'm participating in Class D. I have a very specific image in mind how this bear is going to look so I'm excited to see how closely I can match that vision.

Originally, I had intended on making my contest bear with the lavender mohair I used on Fliederchen, but when my mother-in-law expressed a desire to learn to make bears I had her pick out a fabric for the order I was preparing to make with my birthday money. I ordered it in double as I figured I would save a little money that way and make a bear from it myself. I found it (and the matching white I got to go with it) to be so charming I switched gears immediately and "Hubie" sprung into my mind fully formed.

Photos just don't do it justice. If I had a dime to my name I would order more of it, the silver, and especially the gold sparkle which I have not yet had the pleasure to hold. It suits the "dream" theme of Hubie most excellently. I got mine at Mohair Bear Making Supplies (image borrowed from their website) and I can't recommend the whole "sparkle" series enough. I'm so glad I have enough for another bear (primarily of the silver) to be made after Hubie.

I'm doing Hubie's flat sewing, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment